November 19, 2007

Bonnie "Prince" Billy - Ask Forgiveness EP (Drag City/2007)


Another effort from prolific singer/songwriter/actor/number one weirdo Will Oldham which this year has collaborated with plenty of artists such as Scout Niblett on her fantastic album, This Fool Can Die Now.

Ask Forgiveness is mainly a covers EP, with one new studio track from Billy. And well, one thing that he's really good at is doing weird covers, in this one he reworks Danzig, Frank Sinatra, Björk and uhm, yet another R. Kelly cover.

Way to go, boyo.

Tracklist
1. I Came Here to Hear the Music (Mickey Newbury)
2. I've Seen It All (Björk)
3. Am I Demon (Danzig)
4. My Life (Phil Ochs)
5. I'm Loving the Street (Will Oldham original)
6. The Way I Am (Mekons / Merle Haggard / Sonny Throckmorton)
7. Cycles (Frank Sinatra)
8. The World's Greatest (R. Kelly)

Take It

No comments: