November 20, 2007

The Black Kids - Wizard Of Ahhhs EP (Self-Released/2007)


Black Kids are an unsigned four-piece who have never been on tour but are suddenly being hailed as the next big thing. In fact, although the buzz only began about some weeks ago, it's fast becoming the sort of din that greeted Arcade Fire back in 2005, even the White Stripes in 2002 - if John Peel was still alive, he'd be issuing wild proclamations and making outlandish comparisons with the all-time greats. With songs that sound like The Cure vs My Bloody Valentine, this Florida quintet wowed everyone at the recent Athens Popfest and are currently getting lusty reviews everywere.

Tracklist
1. Hit the heartbreaks
2. I'm not gonna teach your boyfriend how to dance with you
3. Listen to your body tonight
4. Designs on aka you
5. I wanna be your limousine
6. Hurricane Jane
7. Love Me Already
8. I've Underestimated My Charm (Again)

Take It